With Katrina’s Creamy Detox Soup and Every Day Detox Tea!
Spring is suddenly here! It’s time to get moving again! While we often think of “spring cleaning” in terms of our homes and work spaces, our bodies can benefit from a cleanse or detoxification program as well as we move into the lighter, faster energy of the springtime.
Karina’s Creamy Detox Soup (from the Gluten Free Goddess Blog) is a “souper” delicious way to cleanse your system for spring. Use your creativity in terms of greens and herbs to make this soup uniquely yours!
Karina's Creamy Detox Soup Recipe with Coconut Milk
Recipe posted Feb 2012 by Karina Allrich, on the Gluten Free Goddess Blog.
1 tablespoon olive oil or organic coconut oil
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/4 cup diced sweet onion
1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
3 cups fresh broccoli, rough cut
3 cups of stemmed greens, packed (spinach, kale)
Fresh water, as needed
Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons each: chopped fresh parsley, cilantro, and mint
1 cup light (or regular for a creamier soup) coconut milk, or more, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot set over medium heat and stir in the garlic, onion, and ginger (this seasons the oil).
- Add in the broccoli and greens. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables- not too much. You can always thin the soup later, if you need to.
- Bring to a high simmer. Cover the pot, and reduce the heat to a medium simmer. Cook until the broccoli and greens are tender- maybe 15 minutes or so.
- Add the chopped parsley, cilantro and mint. Season with sea salt and fresh pepper, to taste.
Remove the pot from the heat. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Return the pot to the stove and add in the coconut milk. Stir and heat through gently (don't boil the pureed soup).
- Taste test and adjust seasonings. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh herbs. Serves 4.
Stop by the office to receive a FREE Sample of Traditional Medicinal’s Every Day Detox Tea!
Based on a Traditional Chinese Medicine Herbal Formula, Traditional Medicinal’s Every Day Detox is a gentle way to help your body move from winter to spring by supporting healthy liver function. You can purchase this tea at most Health Food stores in the area, or from Sharon.
These statements and products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not designed to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or illness.